Childhood Cancer Awareness Month is recognized every September by childhood cancer organizations around the world, to increase awareness and raise funds for those affected by childhood cancer. We encourage everyone to Go Gold with us during the month of September in honor and in memory of kids with cancer!
Help us spread the word and advocate on a state, local or global level. The following statistics are staggering, but together we can help.
- Each year in the U.S. 15,780 children aged 0-19 are diagnosed with cancer
- 1 in 285 children in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer before their 20th
- Globally there are more than 300,000 children diagnosed with cancer each year
- 20% of children with cancer in the U.S. will not survive
- Every 3 minutes a family hears the devastating words that their child has cancer
- Cancer remains the #1 cause of death by disease for children in America under the age of 15
- About 420,000 adults in the U.S. are childhood cancer survivors