Every day, volunteers donate their precious time to provide essential support services so that Deliver the Dream can fulfill its mission. Filling a variety of roles throughout the organization, volunteers leave an ever-lasting impression on those they serve.
Family Retreat Program Volunteers
Family retreat volunteers will be paired with one participating retreat family and serve as their family pal. Family pals assist in creating a safe and carefree environment for retreat families. Family pal responsibilities can include:
- Greeting your family upon arrival
- Engaging with your family during therapeutic activities
- Joining your family at meals
- Helping families have the absolute best experience possible!
Retreat volunteers might also support retreat facilitators with leading program activities, such as beading, canoeing, karaoke, or teen movie night. Retreat volunteers stay on site for the entire three-day, two-night retreat weekend with food and lodging provided.
To be considered as a Family Retreat Program Volunteer, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete the online application form
- Pass a thorough background check
- Participate in a 1-hour phone or face to face orientation
- Commit to the entire retreat schedule (Friday at 8:00 am – Sunday at 2:00 pm)
If your college organization or company is interested in a volunteer group experience, please contact Maureen Kohler.
Special Event Volunteers
Throughout the year, Deliver the Dream hosts a variety of exciting events to raise funds that support our programs. Signature events, like our annual Denim and Diamonds Gala, require a significant number of volunteers, responsibilities can include:
- Event set-up and breakdown
- Silent and live auction help
- Registration assistance
- Greeting and directing guests
- Raffle ticket sales
Deliver the Dream Internships
Ideal candidates for our internship program are independent self-starters who enjoy cultivating new relationships and have highly developed interpersonal skills, with a passion for helping others. Day-to-day work may consist of:
- Soliciting silent auction items
- Creating marketing materials
- Oversee data management software
- Assisting with volunteer orientations
- Networking at outreach events